The Cultural Centre Reduta through the Service for the Preservation and Promotion of Traditional Culture, together with the Town Hall of Commune Budila organized the "Day of Commune Budila" on October 7th 2012. This event is part of a larger project for the promotion of customs and traditions in an area where the Romanian, the Hungarian and the Roma people live together. Each of these ethnic groups is identified by their specific customs, but also by the way they make the best use of their folk costumes, authentic songs and dances, passed down from generation to generation.
"For the celebration of the commune day we have involved local talents, starting with kindergarten children, the students from the local elementary school and we have considered bringing to the forefront both classes in Romanian and those in Hungarian. This is how we succeeded to bring on stage, without discrimination, a sample representing both Romanians and Hungarians and Roma people living together in our locality. The customs and traditions of these ethnic groups prove the multiculturalism from our commune and our wish to capitalize an important aspect, appreciated by the European Union." declared Marşavela Irimia, the Mayor of commune Budila.
Diversity and identity
The organisers wished to make the best of the EU slogan and put it into practice. The program was thus diversified and multiculturalism was present through young talents:
- The parade of the Brass Band from Ozun ? cheerleaders and artists;
- The Kindergarten with normal schedule from commune Budila ? Groups Mugurasul and Boglarka;
- The group of students in the 4th grade within Elementary School Budila;
- The dance group Oszi Kikerics within Elementary School Budila;
- Group "Romanasul" from Budila;
- Group "Feher Liliom" fromBudila;
- Group "Napsugar";
- The Association of Rroma people from commune Budila;
- Group "Neluţu de la Braşov";
- Group "Tomi es a Romalanyok Egyuttes";
- Group "Insect Parodia Együttes";
- The dance group "Salsa" Brasov;
- The band "Plaiuri Transilvane" and soloist group "Tara Barsei"