Brasov has become the capital of the Romanian aviation for two days in a row at TransilvAero Show 2010. This event celebrated the 100th anniversary of the first motor jet of Henri Coanda, within an exhaustive aviation show which brought together the most important local flight groups.
This edition of TransilvAero Show presented the international air acrobatics race Grand Aero Challenge. Six famous pilots raced together with recordman Zoltan Veres, one of the most famous persons from the current European aviation.
Spectacular Aviation Performance
?The most important aviation event from our town started two years ago, at the initiative of a local aviation passionate inhabitant. The first edition of TransilvAero Show was dedicated to his daughter who was only one month old at that time. The aviation meeting grew up at the same time as she did and the second edition has already enjoyed international recognition, receiving an award in Belgium for the best promoted European aviation event in 2010. Tourists and those fond of aviation watched a spectacular aviation performance. This kind of competition brings a lot of benefits to our locality and contributes to the promotion of the locality. The Town Hall and the Local Council of Ghimbav have supported this great show ever since its beginning and they are planning to make this event, together with the organizers, even bigger and better.?
Programme of the event:
- Parachutists? launching ? The National Group of Parachutism of the Romanian Airclub
- Presentation of the pilots participating to Grand Aero Challenge.
- Opening the event with a demonstrative flight with the symbol-aircraft of the event
- The Romanian Air Forces - parades with three MiG-21 planes, three IAR-99 planes and three Puma SOCAT helicopters
- Book launch ?The memoirs of Ioan Dobran?
- M.A.I. (the Ministry of Internal Administration) ? Demonstrative exercices with MI-8, MI-17 and EC-135 helicopters:
- For the first time in Romania: flight formation with an extra 300 plane and a radio controlled plane.
- Iacarii Acrobats, Zlin 142 Group of the Romanian Airclub, the EXTRA group of the Romanian Airclub,
- Civil helicopter evolutions in groups and individualy
- Demonstrative flights of the pilots participating to Grand Aero Challenge
- The award ceremony of Grand Aero Challenge race.